“Every accomplishment begins with a decision to try”unknown
Early this year I share a story post on my instagram and facebook talking about that feeling that we all have or maybe it just me, where you have these big plan for yourself at the beginning of the year and as the year comes to an end you come into a realisation that you haven’t achieve anything at allow you haven’t start with any of the plans, you said you would.
Have you ever set a goal for yourself then felt discouraged when you weren’t making any progress?
Yeah me too. And everybody else does at some point.
And you might have tried to beat this problem with willpower but bullying yourself into doing something that you don’t have a vision for or a purpose of guide to it doesn’t really work very well in the long run.
A plan without a strong, clear vision or plan will remain just a plan because it is not backed up with the amount of energy needed for one to achieve that goal.
Definition of a plan
A detailed proposal for doing something or achieving something.
A dream without a goal is just a dream, and a goal without a written plan will remain just an unattainable goal. if you want to achieve your goals you must turn them into attainable and actionable plans that you can follow and work on.
The problem with most people is that they don’t write down their goals. Even if they did, that is all they will ever do, without backing them up with a plan or action.
So how can one turn those dreams into action?
Anything is possible with a plan! first you have to decide on what exactly are you dreaming of achieving, ultimately what are the goals you want to achieve and how are you going to get there.
What are the steps needed in order to achieve that goal, you need little steps that you are going to work on every single day, that will eventually lead you into attaining that goal.
It is crucial to be specific with what you want to achieve, therefore you have to write down your goals. for example if you say ‘I want to start a blog or a youtube channel’ that is just an idea floating around somewhere maybe in the air and it ain’t going work or another year will pass without you achieving this because you are not being specific enough.
Instead be more precise: have a time plan, a year plan of when you are going to start and in 2 or 3 years where would you like to be. your goals need to be very specific and something you can actually work towards.
I always wanted to have blog but I never really had a plan or an idea, even if I did start creating a blog along the way I would stop because I didn’t know what I wanted to achieve out of it, I would fail before I even start and that the case with many people.
- Business Guide: how to find business ideas
- Turning Your Plans Into Action In 2020
- How To Start A Home Based Business In South Africa
- How To Write A Business Plan in 2020
5 Steps To Turn Your
Plans Into Action
- Write your plan down and every single detail that you think will help you achieve your goal. This will help you to work through your goal much more easily and to get it done at the pace that you have set up for yourself.
- Review your plan/goal. make sure that they are attainable and make sure that you have written down steps that you can be able to work around your time frame. If you have to change your daily routine, then you must.
- Keep your plans in mind. Always bare in mind that there is a dream that you want to fulfil every single morning when you are waking up and at night when you are about to sleep. Take a look at your goals so that you will know exactly what you expect from yourself when you are waking up.
- Start with smaller and easier steps. Just like a toddler learning to walk, those same steps they use until they eventually walk, use the same process in all that you do including achieving your goals. We all have to start somewhere its the universal language. Start small.
- Track your progress. Set up a reward system for yourself which will keep you motivated. Every time that surpass a step that is helping you get to where you want to go, give yourself a bells or a pat on the back that you have came so far without giving up or just that you have at least started with something.
Thank you for reading The MBG blog. Don’t be afraid to subscribe to our newsletter and as well follow us on all our social media platforms to not miss out on any of our blog post…
Leave a comment below.
Lets Be Friends…
join my email list to receive weekly motivation, tips in order to get yourself together