Nothing in your life will hold you back or cause you more pain than the result of an incorrect assumption.
Regardless of the context or whether the assumption is made in your personal life or in a business environment, the problem for you and I is that we do this constantly.
The human mind has an amazing ability to lead itself to powerful conclusions, once you make an assumption, you convince yourself that this is now the gospel truth.
Making an assumption and then believing the assumption as truth is like making a decision without all the available information and you know how dangerous it can be to take actions based on an unconfirmed.
How often have you made the mistake of relying on an assumption in your business or personal life, that have ended up causing yourself and others so much pain and suffering?
You make assumptions for one of two reasons:
- You assume something about a person or situation because of a past truth. You’ve experienced something similar before, and therefore you attach an assumed outcome based on your past experience.
- Alternatively, you make an assumption about a person on a projected response that you would give to the situation.
Either way, you’re reaction to a lack of information by believing in an unconfirmed truth, and this can be incredibly destructive.
So how do you avoid making this mistake in the future?
- Ask more questions. When you don’t know something or are lacking enough information to clearly understand a situation assume nothing. Rathe as more questions. Don’t die wondering about anything. The pain of asking the question is far less than the pain of not knowing the answer.
Before you take any reaction in your personal life ask questions and engage in communication to satisfy any issue that remains unclear in your mind. Some of the best relationships you will have are those where communication, founded on trust, is open and direct.
2. Be a more Attentive Listener. People tell you so much more by their body language and actions, then the words that come out of their mouths. Being an attentive listener requires that you are present in the moment, listening with your eyes, ears and mind.
When listening attentively, you will be able to open up a conversation and drive it to a deeper level of understanding by not only mirroring what the other person is saying to you, but also by asking clarifying questions on anything you are unclear about.
You gain so much more from a conversation by listening than you do by talking.
By making fewer assumptions you will make better decisions in both your business and in your personal life.
Click To Read To More…
1. Honor other’s opinions and welcome other’s thoughts No matter at which peak of success you are one thing that you should always remember as an entrepreneur is that never close the doors for others when it comes to listening to others ideas and thoughts, you should always welcome the ideas of others or your … Continue reading “Don’t Be Arrogant”
These are points that will lead and guide you throughout your entrepreneurial journey. 1. Select your desired niche You mist choose a niche of your choice, choose your desired field where you don’t have to force yourself to do anything. Your interest will work as a fuel so you will only be enthused to make … Continue reading “To Young Entrepreneurs”
“Every accomplishment begins with a decision to try” unknown Early this year I share a story post on my instagram and facebook talking about that feeling that we all have or maybe it just me, where you have these big plan for yourself at the beginning of the year and as the year comes to … Continue reading “Turning Your Plans Into Action In 2020”